Friday, January 27, 2012

5 Fav Friday - Extreme and Accessible Vacations

I am always looking for some types of vacation that I can take that is not the average vacation. I have to be realistic about my mobility needs, though. Here are 5 trips that are accessible and very much not your trip to the beach.

5. South African Safari - This sounds so cool. I have always wanted to go on a safari and thought those types of vacations were something I couldn't do. But I have found this site and many others like it have once again opened the possibilities up again. maybe in a few years I will be posting in Africa (wakka, wakka).

4. Thailand - So ancient is this land that you could imagine it being the Garden of Eden. I was excited to see several tour operators offering trips through not just Thailand but Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos.

3. China - I have to credit another blog for pointing out this Chinese tour operator. They specify in disabled travelers and are able to getting medical equipment, vans, hotels, and offer several packages that include the Great Wall.  There are other travel companies that offer tours of China so search carefully online and ask your travel agent if they can recommend someone.

2. Central America - Another place that I have always thought about going to. Several companies are now offering assistance with lodging and travel. This company even offers specials for cruise passengers. I would say it is worth a closer look.

1. Europe - European accessibility has been getting progressively better over the last few decades. There are also more and more niche travel agents that are specializing in disabled travelers. I have linked to one but I would again ask around to see if anyone you know has had experience with an experienced agent.

If you have any extreme and accessible travels please share by leaving a comment.

No comments: