Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Good Service Matters

So we decided to try a dry run of theme parks by going on a last minute Disneyland vacation with my son next month. This will give us a good ideal as to whether he can handle Walt Disney World next year, or if we just extend the cruise. We booked an on property hotel (Disney's Paradise Pier) and i wanted to upgrade it to the Grand Californian ( I just like the laid back feel). I want a specific room if it was available but could not remember the room number. I decided to call up the GC switchboard and see if I can get some assist with this problem. I talked to a nice guy named Nick who understood that I wanted this room becasue my son is a train nut. He spent 25 minutes on the phone with me as we narrowed our search using clues that I remembered. I believe that we finally got the room found, and will be reserving it. I just wanted to let everyone know:

1. There are cheaper hotels out there that offer really good service. You do get amazing sustomer service when you are staying at a Disney property though and they can and will go way above and beyond for you.

2. If you get great customer service let the managers know. People are all to eager to make complaints in hopes of getting comped something. It is a rare thing that people seek out the manager ( as I did) and tell him/her that their staff did something exceptional.

I just want to say again "Thanks Nick for your great help, See you in a month"

No comments: