Friday, December 2, 2011

5 Fave Friday- Shopping (for the holidays or just because)

A ton of people will have already been out and completed their Christmas shopping  by the time this post hits. Today is known as Black Friday (A nickname store employees gave the busiest shopping day of the year because of the insanity of customers). I thought I would run down cities that I think would be fun shopping excursions for those who live to shop.

5. Hong Kong, China- One word "electronics". Gadgets, gizmo's, and do-dads all seen to come from this city. Most of the world can't seem to get enough of them. Plus they have a fairly respectable fashion and jewelry district for those not interested in bootleg Blu Rays, and the IPhone 4S (cheap) that isn't officially out anywhere (not that I condone any of those things)

4. Paris, France- I know that there are those out there that think New York is the fashion capital of the world, and to a point I would agree with you. However this is one of those cities that has been doing fashion for a very long time (they even had a war in part due to the fashion of the haves vs. have nots). I personally do not understand "contour" but if I were to go shopping for it, it would be there. Here is a run down on accessibility, which is pretty bleak right now but is improving.

3. Milan, Italy- For pretty much the same reasons listed about Paris. Only with pasta!! Here are some tips to keep in mind that I though were useful.

2. Chicago, Illinois/ New York City - These two cities tie for me because in a lot of ways there very alike. They have world class museums, hotels, restaurants, and shopping. I really couldn't choose one over another. Both have been working on making their cities accessible for people with disabilities, and are welcoming to families.

1. London, England- It is getting ready to host the Olympics and Para Olympics which is always a good sign for accessibility. It is also an amazing place to find fashion, furniture, and the latest trends that may not have made it across the pond. There is stuff that the non shopper can do while you are doing your thing.

No comments: