Thursday, June 16, 2011

I LOVE Kauai!!!

Anini Beach on the North Shore
It has taken me a bit of time to gather my thoughts on what I want to say about such a great vacation. It started off a bit rocky (and rainy when we finally got there) but once we arrived at the house we rented it all just fell into place. This rental is very much the kind of house I wish I could own (the floor plan was great, and I would kill for the kitchen and porch), the floor plan was open and airy, the screen porch is where we spent most of the time while we were there, and my son loved running down the hallway as only a 2 year old can (feet slapping on the tile floors...GO!!). I will not lie, this place ruined me for hotels when I am in Hawaii. Yes it was not on the beach, but we were 10 minutes from a beach and we didn't have tourists puking by the front door. Kapaa is very central so we could explore both the north and southern part of the island (not the eastern though as my boy decided to have a tantrum). The amenities of being in a house far outweigh the small inconvenience of having to drive to the beach (which we would have had to do anyway as the western beaches are not very conducive to kids).

Now as I have stated in previous posts it wasn't totally perfect. The doors into the master bathroom were tight, and the guest bathroom my chair couldn't get through at all. Once in the bathroom I had to get creative with the transfers to get in the shower. All that being said if the owner of the house would let me stay there again I would do it in a minute.


Tree Tunnel headed to Poipu
Also something you do not get with a hotel, access to an owner. These folks were great hosts. They were there for the delivery of our crib/high chair, and when the TV didn't work they showed up with a new set so that my son didn't have to watch Thomas the Tank Engine on a portable dvd player. They were great! Highly recommend using the site VRBO also -- this is where we found this listing, and it was such a terrific experience that we will definitely do it again.

No comments: