Friday, June 24, 2011

Family Outing #1

There are very cool activities on Kauai that are family friendly, as well as accessible. My wife and I researched through websites and books for months before the trip. We wanted to do some things that my son would enjoy as much as we did. My 2 year old son is obsessed with trains and as luck has it, there is an old sugar plantation on Kauai that offers train rides around the property.

 The Kauai Plantaion Railway was just the afternoon activity that we could all have fun doing. The pristine park like setting of the Kauai Plantation is a great place to let your little one run around and burn off some energy. They have great accessible walking paths that go through gardens, the old plantation main house, and shops, and the Koloa Rum Company (stop off there for a tasting). The main attraction there though is the train, which I thought I wouldn't be able to do. I was wrong, they have this hand lift and a space in the first passenger car that let me sit right behind my son as he beamed his huge smile. It does cost $20.00 per person but it was totally worth it.

No comments: